Leather bags and PU bags look great and will give you many years of service with just a little bit of care.
Kindly check out the tips mentioned below to take good care of your leather bags.
1. To protect the bag from dust, you can use a simple cotton pillowcase.
2. Do not stuff your bag. Try and carry only necessities, as stuffing the bag with heavy things might affect the stitching and stretch the bag beyond repair.
3. If your bag gets wet, do not wipe away the moisture. The splashes have to be dabbed. You do not need a rain guard or the silicon spray.
4. Apply a leather conditioning cream to moisturize your leather handbag. This cream will stop cracks at the base of the bag.
5. Do not stuff cosmetics in the bag. What could be good for your skin might not be so good for the material of the bag.
6. If you want your bags to last for a long time, please make sure that you do not over-use it. Alternating between 2 bags is a good option.
7. Rub beeswax along the length of the zipper. This will retain the grip of the fastener for a long time.
8. It is difficult to clean Suede bags. Stiff handles can be wrapped in cotton strips to keep the leather away from suede material. If you get stains on the suede bags, it is better to consult a professional to remove it.
9. To clean patent leather, apply a dot of vinegar with a piece of soft fabric.
10. If you have exotic bags like snakeskin handbags, it is better to let professionals handle serious stains. You can use a dab of water with white cloth but it is better not to risk it.
Following are a few measures to take good care of your polyurethane bag.
1. If the bag gets wet, clear the water immediately with dry cloth. Do not expose the bag to the sun.
2. If the bag gets dusty, use a dry cotton cloth to clean it. Do not dry-clean the bag. For removing stains, use a soft cloth with egg white. Take care not to use a brush to remove dust, because the brush might remove the bag's paint.
3. If you are washing it with water, make sure that the temperature of the water is below 40°C.
4. Do not use petroleum or petroleum based products to wash the bag. However, you can use detergents.
5. Do not let the bag near organic solvent.
Leather shoes will afford more comfort and longer wear if they are cared for properly.
1. Always store leather shoes with moisture-absorbing cedar shoe trees, to prevent leather cracking and permanent creasing where the toe bends.
2. Always use a shoe horn when putting on shoes to prevent the back of the shoe from breaking down. Never force feet into the shoes.
3. Always keep shoes away from direct heat to prevent the leather from drying out. Leather should always dry naturally.
4. Give shoes a rest between wearings. Leather shoes should have one full day to dry out from natural foot perspiration and should not be worn on two consecutive days.
5. When polishing shoes, use only a high quality paste or cream that will help moisturize leather and keep it from drying out. Never use a liquid polish on leather shoes.
6. Never use any type of cleaner that contains an acid or a detergent. Both are damaging to fine leather, and will age the shoe.
7. If shoes become heavily soiled, use a mild application of Ivory soap on a damp cloth, wipe off, and allow to dry. Then apply shoe cream. This treatment should restore the original lustre without any damaging effects to the leather.
Jewellery is mostly given as a gift of love or memory of a special event; therefore it is understandable that we wish it to maintain its original glow.
Make sure you take off jewellery when having a bath/shower, exercising or doing some physical work and before going to bed. Store your jewellery in separate chamois leather pouches so that they don't scratch each other.
Silver tends to get oxidized easily which makes it turn black. To prevent this, daily care is required. Just rub the surface of the jewellery with an impregnated polishing cloth once a day. Be careful to be gentle as rough rubbing can leave scratches.
Unlike silver, gold does not oxidize. But gold- plated jewellery tends to darken over time. The best way to maintain its look longer is to wear it only for short periods of time. Storing it in soft cloth containers can also help maintain the look hold longer.
Gem stone jewellery is usually cleaned in an ultrasonic bath when given at a jewellery store. The jewellery comes out bright and clean. However, doing this too often is not recommended as it can cause the gems to loosen out from their sockets/claws. Tough stones such as diamonds can be cleaned at home. Just use some warm water infused with mild soap and gently rub it over the stone with soft cloth. This will bring out its inherent brightness.
A Pearl can lose its luster and color when worn frequently. This is because of its organic nature which makes it sensitive to various chemicals present in perfumes, hair sprays and creams. Sweat can also cause pearls to dull over a period of time. The best way to maintain the pearls luster is to rub it gently against a soft cloth from time to time. In case of pearl necklaces, the strings are usually made of silk. This is susceptible to dirt and therefore has to be replaced annually. If you wear the necklace everyday, be sure to replace the string every six months.